Monday 31 January 2011

Help required

I need the help of my column readers!

I am writing a book about the JH era, from just before his arrival in Nov 1961 to his departure in October 1967. I intend the book to be one of match by match stats (like my previous books), the factual story, photos, and memories (players and fans). The plan is to publish in November to coincide with the 50th anniversary of his arrival.

I would like to hear your memories of that glorious time.

I would like to start with 1961-62 season. What was supporting City like before JH's arrival like? What memories of games before November? The dreadful Crystal Palace home defeat on a Friday night that supposedly convinced Robins that change had to be made? The Kings Lynn game, The players who did not survive after 61-2 viz. Billy Myerscough, Ron Hewitt, Stewart Imlach, etc.The early games under Hill, the first pop and crisps (Xmas 61), the kit, the ground, or just how you felt when JH arrived. Even if your memories are second hand (from your dad or a relative).


Please save your memories of later seasons under Hill for a couple of weeks whilst I capture these memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment